It was late last month when I and my colleagues planned to visit this hidden gem in Majayjay, Laguna. But things didn’t go as planned, so we had to move it to another day instead. Lucky, though, that we came up to a perfect date that’s just right for our shifts/schedules, because you know how difficult arranging schedules is when you’re working on a 24/7 operation. It’s a real pain in the ass, I tell you!
Bukal Falls is located at the foot of Mt. Banahaw and considered to be one of the many tourist destinations in Majayjay, Laguna. This precious hidden gem is known for its crystal clear and icy cold water that makes it so alluring to tourists and local travellers.
There’s a house located in the middle of the trail going to the falls where you can take a quick rest before continuing the trail. We did rest for few minutes and waited for the others who were left behind. You may, by the way, buy refreshers and snacks there as well.
It was very noticeable that the trail is developed as seen on the stairs-like part where going up and down wasn’t so hard. But still, you have to be extra cautious when walking, as the trail can be very slippery, muddy and rocky at some part. Also, make sure to wear proper footwear, like sandals, durable slippers, or any lightweight footwear that can be soaked in the water. The trail took us approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour before reaching the falls and I can say, it was all worth it!
Summary of Expenses:
- Tour Guide: Php 300.00 (A total of Php600.00 for 2 guides to accomodate 10 pax)
- Environmental Fee: Php 20.00/head
- Tricycle: Php 10.00 per ride
Other Things to Share:
- Overnight stay is prohibited in Bukal Falls. Better plan your visit in the morning so you can enjoy the place for the entire day.
- Bukal Falls is open everyday, but I suggest you go on a weekday because the place tends to be crowded on weekends.
- There are no stores or vendors in Bukal Falls’ vicinity, just make sure you bring all the things you need before trekking. (Though our guide told me that there are ice cream vendors around on weekends.)
- You can use Brgy. Bukal Hall’s shower room to freshen up.
- If you are in search for a budget-friendly trip, then you just came into the right place!