Let me share you my version of “5 Random Facts About Me”, using my trying-hard-fierce photo back in 2011. LOL! I swear, I have a totally different persona from that photo to reality. Anyway, glad I was able to convince myself to finish this entry that has been drafted on my dashboard for quite a while now. Hope you find these random things interesting, or maybe not?
- I have this skin condition called dermatographia or “skin writing”. It’s an allergic reaction to skin. Any friction, touching or lightly scratching the skin causes raised, reddish marks or hives. I can literally write on my skin just by scratching it. Believe me, this is very annoying and uncomfortable, and it’s itchy! That’s why as much as possible, I’m trying to avoid friction or skin contact because it triggers the hives. This is one of the reasons why I decided not to go back to pole fitness any more. Imagine how uncomfortable I was during my pole fitness class when I had to do the routines while suffering from all the itchy reddish marks on my legs and arms.
- I was able to pay my tuition fee and other expenses during 3rd year and 4th year college using my hard earned money through blogging. Nobody told me to work my butt off for school, but I did it because I like doing it and it gave me a sense of pride and accomplishment. I stepped out from blogosphere (after 5 years in the craft) during 5th year college because I had to focus on what’s more important, project design (thesis). I returned 2 years later, and now blogging for keepsake.
- Can you believe that this girl who has an engineering degree, doesn’t like mathematics? It was an everyday struggle for me to see all the formulas and numbers that an engineering student had to deal with. I can still remember crying at night over calculus while I tried sooooooo hard to understand every bits of it. Books and online tutorials didn’t help that much, am I that stupid? Today I’m very thankful that I passed all my gazillion math subjects but, I am more thankful that finally it’s all over!
- I don’t wear pumps and heels. But, I find it really pretty and I like the fact that it can make you look taller and sexier. Sometimes, I browse over beautiful pumps on the web but I had to hold back just because I won’t buy and I won’t wear. My reason, high heels and pumps cause my feet pain, so much pain, and add the blisters too! I still don’t know how can other girls sport heels for long hours. Is it something about proper fitting, walking style, or am I just too heavy?
- I don’t like spicy foods or anything spicy. I don’t like the burning-feeling on my tongue and the heat it can give in my body, it’s very uncomfortable, and the taste is better without the extra spice (a LITTLE BIT of spice is okay, I repeat, a LITTLE BIT). When I have no choice but to consume spicy foods, I make sure I have milk or anything dairy for a relief. I know, not everyone will agree to my take on this. Coz, when it comes to spicy food, it’s either you love it or you hate it. Obviously, I’m on the latter.