I ditched writing down goals for the longest time, just because I never really saw the essence of it, especially when I didn’t take my goals seriously in the past. I can’t even remember the last time I wrote down a goal. But for a change, I created a list for 2016. These are a total of 13 goals that are divided into three main sections. I plan to revisit this blog post every quarter just to check if I’m still on track, hoping that I won’t disappoint myself. haha! But really, I’m all excited to what 2016 has in store for me, and these goals are just my guide to a more blissful year! So, shall we?
1. Focus on being physically strong. For sure I too, want to have that hourglass shaped body like every girl has been dreaming of, but, this time around, I wanted to focus on the inside rather than the outside of my being. I want to have a strong heart, that won’t struggle as hard after a 60-minute long jog.
2. Read at least 15 books. I was able to finish reading 10 books last year which are mostly young adult themed books. Now I’m lifting the number to 15 for this year.
3. Upgrade my wardrobe. I didn’t really mind buying new clothes back in college because we had uniforms to wear every school days (aside Wednesdays, btw), but that’s not the case when I started working. I constantly felt the need to upgrade my wardrobe after I realized how few the clothes I was wearing over the bunch of clothes inside the closet which are either not fitting me well already, or, don’t satisfy my style anymore. I finished sorting out my clothes last week and gave almost a half of it away. It won’t hurt if I shop for clothes this year, will it?
4. Travel more. I’m okay even to just nearby provinces first.
5. Learn how to do eyebrows makeup. I love my eyebrows! But but but, every time I see those #kilaygoals in social media, I can’t resist but to want it even more! For me, it doesn’t matter if I wear makeups on a daily basis, just those eyebrows on fleek and a lipstick, then I’m good!
6. Minimize the use of facebook. I know this is going to be VERY VERY VERY hard for me! You may not see me post regularly on facebook, but, I often visit my account no matter what! After I woke up, while eating, while riding the MRT, at work, and even before heading to sleep, I still check my facebook account. Since I know, I can’t get rid of it just yet, because of so many IMPORTANT reasons, I plan to just minimize the use of it. By that I mean, eliminating checking of my account every morning before I go to work, just that for now. HAHA! This will also help me not to be late at work. YAAAAS!
1. Deposit 6 digits in my savings bank. This goal is inspired by Richel. The truth is, I was really hesitant on putting this on the list, because aside from my monthly obligations at home and my personal expenses, we also have this “other” goal this year, that would require a huge amount of money. Guess I have to be really keen on saving so I can reach this goal at 22 years old or 23-ish (please don’t tell me I’m too old for my first 6 digits. huhu!)
2. Apply for a freelance job. Not everyone knows that I do freelance works back in college. I just want to get back to that.
3. Invest more. I started investing last year (big thanks to Aurika and Zek!), but I wanted to add more. I originally want to venture a new business but it would require ample amount of time for planning, so no rushing!
1. Change my blog’s theme. I’ve been using this theme ever since I launched this blog. I was thinking whether to create one or purchase a theme from solopine (and modify it a bit). My humble abode deserves a new look for 2016!
2. Make friends with other bloggers. Can I make a confession? haha! I read A LOT of blogs every day, but I don’t usually leave any footprints in there. Well, I sometimes do drop comments but most of the times, not. This 2016, I’ll try to interact with bloggers as much, just like the good old days.
3. Join blogger’s events. Yes for this!
4. Update my “about me” page When I stumble on a new blog, first thing I do is look for the “about me” page. And I enjoy reading that section! I just thought if it’s also the same with other readers, so just in case, I should prolly beautify my “about me” page anyway.